Friday, January 30, 2015

First Blog Entery

First Blog Entry

        Hi, I’m Sonia. I’m 9 years old and in fourth grade, room 8. On this blog you can comment and read my entries. Your comments have to be nice and school related. I hope you enjoy my blog!  
      In school we have been reading Buddy. Buddy is a sad story about hurricane Katrina.  A boy and a dog forge a special bond, then Buddy is left behind and lost. Read the book to discover a heartwarming and sad tale filled with adventure and kindness.
      Another thing that we have been learning in school is poetry. My Haiku poem (see below) has 3 lines. Line 1 has 5 syllables, line 2 has 7 syllables, line 3 has 5 syllables.

My haiku poem is…

Cherry red white tip
With a swish of her tail, gone
Leaping over stones



2 comments:

  1. That book sounds really interesting, Sonia. I look forward to reading it. The last time I was in New Orleans I saw an IMAX movie on Katrina that was sad but also amazing. The movie started out following this little girl who was also a famous musician. Then when the storm hit, the movie shifted to focus on how she was separated from her family and how they had to work so hard to reunite. After I saw the movie I bought a CD of her music -- we'll have to look for it so we can listen to some of the music from New Orleans together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sonia,

    I always love to read your Haiku poetry, very fascinating.

    If you would like to help look for the CD for mommy, it should be on the shelfs in the basement.
    Keep on blogging.

    ReplyDelete